Hey guys! How are you all doing today so far?
Well, today I'm going to post the smoothie recipe I promised yesterday...but FIRST, we must master cutting pineapples and become pineapple ninjas, as my friend called me one night.
If you already know how to cut a pineapple, be sure to check back anyway, because the recipe for the smoothie is coming right up after this post. :)
My Filipino mom is the true pineapple warrior. She can just hold the huge fruit in her left hand above the sink and slice away with her right hand. I, on the other hand, prefer a cutting board for my weakling hands.
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Supposedly, you can leave a little extra fruit on the top when you cut it off, replant it, and then it grows into another pineapple. But maybe that's a myth? I've tried it twice, and it never worked for me. Maybe that has something to do with my part-time occupation as a plant-killer.
2. Begin slicing down the sides of the pineapple. Surprisingly, it doesn't require much pressure.
3. Keep slicing all around the pineapple until it's free of the outer shell.
5. Now cut the pineapple in four sections, avoiding the center rind.
6. The center rind is the only piece standing in the photo. It's a little too tough to eat, but you can gnaw on it if you're worried about losing any extra fruit. Raise your hand if you do that! *slowly raises hand*
Now that was super easy, right? You can always buy whole pineapples now and save your extra pennies for fun stuff...like shopping! Not the boring grocery-kind-of-shopping.